VPL-VW550ES will become the world first home projector compatible with Hybrid Log Gamma HDR (HyLG)
- All projectors so far are compatible with HDR10 standard only (Blu-ray & network services standard such as Netflix, Amazon,…)
- HyLG is TV broadcasting standard (Terrestrial / Cable / Satellite) and User Generated Contents. VPL-VW550ES will be compatible with both (for TV channels).
Picture quality has been considerably improved following VPL-VW520ES
- New great HDR contrast function to increase brightness level while keeping HDR benefits
- New Reality Creation generation, to continue to improve sharpness while reducing noise.
Many other improvements have been made over the VPL-VW520ES
- Dynamic contrast improved to 350,000:1
- HDR new auto-switching function
- 4K60P 10 bit input compatibility
- Panel alignment improvement (adjustment range increased)
- New return lens center feature
- HDCP 2.2 compatibility on both HDMI
- HDR information in the OSD, requested many times
More details here
You’ve no idea of just how much of this has gone straight over my head 🙂 Prices due next week, apparently.
Bring the immersive excitement of true 4K cinematic images into every living space. Available also in a contemporary premium white finish, the VPL-VW550ES Home Cinema projector makes a stylish addition to any interior. Advanced SXRD panel technology delivers incredible 4K images with four times the resolution of Full HD. You’ll experience rich colours, impressive 1800 lumens brightness and huge 350,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio – for vibrant, detail-packed pictures with native 4K resolution that always look clear and sharp, even in daylit living rooms.
You’re future-proofed with compatibility for the latest 4K standards, as well as compatibility with HDR (High Dynamic Range) – so you’ll get the very best out of today’s content, and tomorrow’s. Colour can be easily calibrated to the original factory condition without fuss. The compact VPL-VW550ES fits neatly into any home theatre or living room, with quiet fan noise that won’t disturb the show, wide zoom/lens shift range and a front-facing exhaust port for extra installation flexibility. The projector’s long-lasting lamp is rated for an extra-generous 6,000 hours* operation (in Low Mode), for fewer interruptions and reduced maintenance costs.